Monday, March 19, 2012

Get Out The Rubber Cement

March is "National Craft Month" and I decided to check out Pinterest and participate. Shocking I know. I'm not sure how many of you have little ones but if you do, this is the craft for you!!  How many of those little magnets do you have on your fridge; you know the letters and numbers we all buy our children in hopes of them being the next child genius? I have tons of them! Seriously. Well, I'm not sure about you but my fridge is in my kitchen, right next to my stove. (DANGER BABY DANGER) Needless to say my little ones spend more time staring at their magnets then getting to play with them.  That's all about to change.

For this project you'll need the following things. 

Large Oil Drip Pan (9.96 at WalMart)
Rubber Cement (2.99 at Hobby Lobby)
Alphabet Flash Cards (.99 to 2.99 at Hobby Lobby or Walmart)
Magnets (.97 a package at Walmart)
3M picture strips (3.97 at WalMart)

By this time I'm sure you think I'm crazy. I promise I am not. 

You want to wash your drip pan with warm soap and water or a cleaner like Mean Green to get the greasy film layer off of it. DRY IT!! Dry it good or it'll spot and start to look nasty. 

Once it's all dry you want to arrange your flash cards onto the drip pan. 

Still with me?

After you have them all placed out get that rubber cement. You'll use it to secure the flash cards to the drip pan. 

Once everything is dry and secure and the 3M picture strips to the back and mount it to the bedroom or playroom wall. 

Just add the magnets and your kids are set for hours or safe magnet fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment